Welcome to the Pre-School of Fish!
These are our daily adventures. If you are intrested in joining the Pre-School of Fish email Nichole Fish at enmsfish@yahoo.com
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Mixing the color ORANGE and painting what will turn into a square picture frame.Playing with pupets acting out Hay Diddle Diddle...
Matching game learning the shape square and matching colors...
Weekly Theme: Koala and Library Letter- K and L Color- yellow Number-1-10 Shape- circle Nursery Rhyme- Rabbit Rabbit Carrot Eater Bean Bag play-body parts Song- I am a little tea pot Book-Koala
This Weeks Nursery Rhyme
Jack and Jill
Jack and Jill Went up a hill To catch a pail of Water.
Jack fell down And broke his crown And Jill came tumbling after.
Daily Schedule
9:00 am Directed play
9:15 Circle Time Hello songs & Nursery rhyme of the week
9:25 Lettter of the week (hands on activity/craft with the letter of the week)
9:45 Music-playing with instruments
10:00 Number of the week (counting games) Calendar time (days of the week and counting days)
10:15-10:45 Snack and Free play
10:45 Circle Time Story Time-use flannel boards and books Dance and movement Bean bag play
11:30 Color and shape of the week (lessons use hands on activity with playdough, crafts, or games)
11:55 Good Bye Songs Bubbles
If you would like to donate...
We would love to use and recycle stuff you have laying around the house! We can always use more toilet paper rolls, empy oatmeal canisters, socks you just can't find a match to any more, yarn, buttons, etc...
How the Pre-School of Fish came to be...
I am not a teacher, I don't have degrees or certificates-I am just a mom that fell in love with teaching and coming up with creative ideas to show my kids learning can be fun. I started teaching my kids as newborns using the book Slow And Steady Get Me Ready. I enjoyed the time spent and found it very valuable to start teaching at a young age. I found my children soaked it up like a sponge and had a fun time while learning.
My children now are ages 5 and 2 - As they grew I had to find more resources and games to teach them. I found several great books and web sites. I talked with several homeschooling mothers and found helpful tips and encouragement. Our house has definitely become a house of learning.
Recently we made the decision to home school our children. A friend and mentor of homeschool suggested to me to start a preschool. I started to think how fun would it be to host a preschool and have my children learn with other kids their age. By doing this it will start friendships, develop the love of learning, and what a fun experience for all to be had!
The Pre-School of Fish is designed to give the children a "hands on" experience with learning. This is a time for the child to explore and learn with friends. The curriculum was carefully designed so they are exposed to learning, but not in a pushy way. I want them to play, have fun, be messy and learn along the way. I understand they are young and wiggly and my curriculum is based just for that age group! The children will learn through activities and repetition. We are excited to open our doors and share our learning games and experiences with you.
Intrested in joining the School Of Fish?
2 spots are open!
We would love to have your preschooler join us in learning! We have room for two more young minds. Your child can be 2 years old to kindergarden age. We are teaching at both age levels the young two year old to the preschool age.
School of Fish is held on Tuesday, Eednesday, and Thursday from 9 am to Noon. The cost is $75 a week. Email me at enmsfish@yahoo.com and I will get back to you and answer any questions.
We are a busy family of five now! We always find time to enjoy each other and to always have fun. Anything we do is turned into an adventure or a wild party!!
No comments:
Post a Comment